Internet Sim Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Star Wars: Outer Rim Blues
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 4:03 pm by Aaron

» SW:ORB Character Sheets, Docs, Etc
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 3:32 pm by Aaron

» EotE: Oil, Sweat and Treasure
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 pm by mikey

» EotE Campaign Chat
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 4:32 am by Tsukiyumi

» General discussion
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 12:38 am by Tsukiyumi

» Edge of the Empire stats, character sheets, ships, etc
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 12:27 am by Tsukiyumi

» Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout)
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 pm by mikey

» GURPS Fallout Character Stuff
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 pm by Cypher

» Fallout Chat Thread
Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 2:28 pm by Aaron

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout)

4 posters

Go down

Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) Empty Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout)

Post by Aaron Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) Ratwat10

Its been a long month. Two weeks out, a few days at the Red River Trade Post finalizing brahmin sales and purchases for the store and then back on the trail. A few days out from the Post, Tom, a new hire, stepped on an old mine and blew off both legs.

Tom and his legs aside, the trip back is uneventful until the last few miles outside Ratwater. There were odd tracks on the trail, a faint trace of smoke in the air, some members get the feeling like something is watching them. There is also a strong smell of rotting flesh.

Once the trail breaks through the forest surrounding the village the source of the smell becomes clear. The village and the wooden palisade that surrounded it have been burned, the brahmin that normally graze outside the walls are dead and there is a large pile of corpses where the main gate once stood.
Aaron
Aaron
Player
Player

http://disabledshooting.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout) Empty Re: Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout)

Post by Deepcrush Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Besrin sprinted across to the open ground sweeping his weapon side to side searching for targets. The battle was old, ended, something he'd seen many times prior in places away from fortified zones. He was only here for the winter season, however long that would last, to sit out in safety till he could make the crossing home.

Running shack to shake, looking for doors to kick in and search for survivors. Each door being a let down as someone had beaten him to it and not likely friendly. Besrin ended his sprint, climbed the palisade to view his travel partners. Those who had been a short distance behind were in plain view, as their eyes each met his, he repeated an all too common silent response.

A helm shacking side to side, the visor covering watery eyes.
Deepcrush
Deepcrush
Player
Player

https://www.facebook.com/Jason.Cory.Nizer

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 pm

Coop was chatting amiably with one of the seasonal drovers from the driver's seat of the first wagon when he noticed Trapper bent over the muddy ruts of the road. Coop was no soldier like Orrson or outdoorsman like his brother, but he knew damn well that tracks worth study combined with the stench on the wind added up to nothing good. As Orrson ran into the remains of the town, Coop drove the wagon up to the charred palisade and tied the yoke to a convenient fallen log.

As Cooper stepped slowly by the pile of burnt bodies near the gateway, a look of horrified realization followed by one of intent focus replaced the numb disgust on his face. "Billy?" he called softly, then louder, "Bill? Come on, Billy!" He began to walk faster, then trot in the direction of the store. He was brought up short by a medium-sized lump on the ground.

The lump was mostly yellow fur, at least where it wasn't cut with slashing red wounds. Four limbs lay broken and twisted at odd angles beneath it, and on the beaten head the black muzzle was coated with pink froth. The brown eyes rolled slackly as Cooper knelt and cradled the misshapen face, and a dripping piece of meat and cloth dropped as the jaws fell loose.

"Good goddammit," muttered Cooper. He hefted the dog's corpse and began to walk toward the fallen gate.
mikey
mikey
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepcrush Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:48 am

Besrin waved in the travel party, speaking to no one in particular though loud enough to be well heard. "Wasteland Raiders, tech hoarders by the looks of them or they'd have collected the bodies for food. Guess the fight wasn't totally one sided, must have lost a lot of their numbers if they decided not to stay. Otherwise they'd have stripped this place totally clean. Whatever they grabbed there weren't enough of them alive afterwards to haul much. If we are lucky, that will mean an easy trail with slow targets."

"Think I'll be awake for a bit." Best in climbed to the top of the pumphouse, activated his visual systems on his helm and set his visor in place. A scan of the area showed nothing, as he expected anything worth killing was either dead or gone. We need to refortify the grounds after we search the stocks!"
Deepcrush
Deepcrush
Player
Player

https://www.facebook.com/Jason.Cory.Nizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:23 pm

The attack came out of nowhere. It had to of been at least 4 or 5 days now, based of the smell coming from all around me. 2 wagons came up over the river and 10 men got out of each. At first the settlement thought it was our Traders coming back early. Those ideas quickly went away one they started shooting the barhmin in the field.

James was the first to die. Rifle shot to the head. Quick and seemingly painless. I was able to take down 3, tho weather badly injured or killed i couldn't say. Before i was able to get close enough to inspect one of the raiders stuck a knife in my back. Our goal was to drive them away and baring that distract them long enough for the settlement to get to safety. Darkness claims me slowly.

I awoke to find myself buried under a pile. It seems i was thought dead and thrown to the side along with everyone else killed. I can see out from under everything just enough to tell i am next to the leaking rad depository containers. A puddle has formed under me. I can feel it burning its way through my body, starting at the stab wound. Will this kill me? Or just make me deathly ill? Wait... what is that? Do i hear voices? I scream as best i can, throat cracking and spitting up blood, hoping someone, anyone hears me and pulls me from this living hell.

Cypher
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Trapper jogged up to his brother at the gate, stopping short at the sight of his furry burden. His eyes well up and his voice chokes in his throat.

"I...Coop...put him next to Dad ok? I have to check the village, I'll be there soon."

Waving to acknowledge Besrins assessment, he trudges upto the remenants of his familys store. His home for forty years. There wasn't much left. Most of the shacks were crumbled wrecks as well. The barn had half collapsed.

Oddly the pumphouse was untouched. As Trapper heads in that direction, intending on roping Besrin into a scout after Billy is buried he cock his head.

"Did you hear screaming Besrin?"

As he asks, the sound comes again. From a pile of ash and bodies near what used to be a shack that the village stored some old rad barrels in.

There's a frenzy of activity, Trapper runs back to the carts and returns with shovels and masks. Donning them, Trapper and Besrin start digging. After a few mintues they uncover a screaming figure, burned and horribly disfigured.

"Son of a bitch! Is that a ghoul?"

Aaron
Aaron
Player
Player

http://disabledshooting.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 pm

"What the fuck happened? There haven't been any bandits with the balls to attack a walled village!" Coop shouted as he returned toward the others. "Who the-" Coop stopped mid-sentence as he caught sight of the body the two others had exhumed. "Shit, better put it with the others."
"No, Coop, this old boy's alive," answered Trapper.
"Looks like a ghoul," added Orrson.
Coop's face tried to wear three different expression at once and failed at all of them. Finally he said, "What the hell is going on? Village is attacked and overrun, ghouls on the other side of the fight from the attackers... Shit. We gotta find out who did this, and who the hell he is. I'm going to see what's left and if the fuckers left any traces."
mikey
mikey
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down