Internet Sim Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Star Wars: Outer Rim Blues
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 4:03 pm by Aaron

» SW:ORB Character Sheets, Docs, Etc
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 3:32 pm by Aaron

» EotE: Oil, Sweat and Treasure
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 pm by mikey

» EotE Campaign Chat
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 4:32 am by Tsukiyumi

» General discussion
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 12:38 am by Tsukiyumi

» Edge of the Empire stats, character sheets, ships, etc
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 12:27 am by Tsukiyumi

» Ratwaters Revenge (GURPS Fallout)
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 pm by mikey

» GURPS Fallout Character Stuff
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 pm by Cypher

» Fallout Chat Thread
Zombie Survival, Game Thread EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 2:28 pm by Aaron

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Zombie Survival, Game Thread

4 posters

Go down

Zombie Survival, Game Thread Empty Zombie Survival, Game Thread

Post by Lighthawk Tue May 31, 2011 3:06 pm

It was a crappy day at the University of Missouri. The rain was coming down hard, as it had been all night long, and the only sign to mark the passage from night to day was the steady advance of the clock. The campus drainage system just wasn’t up for the volume of water being dumped on it, and the streets had been turned into swallow rivers.

Professor Heartman cursed as he splashed his way across the sidewalk, feeling his socks soaking up as much water as they could hold. He fumbled with his pass card at the door to the Life Sciences Center, swearing more vigorously until he managed to swipe the card and yank open the door. He grumbled to himself as he squeaked along the tiled hallway towards his class room.

This was so pointless, he’d be surprised if even half, if even a third of the students bothered to show up in this weather. Heartman grumbled to him, his every step raising an angry squeal of protest. He was making so much noise, was so busy wishing he was back in bed like most of his class likely would be, that he never heard the shuffling footfalls coming up behind him…
Lighthawk
Lighthawk
User
User

Back to top Go down

Zombie Survival, Game Thread Empty Re: Zombie Survival, Game Thread

Post by Lighthawk Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

A grabbing hand on his arm jerked James Harrigan from sleep, and he nearly fell right out of bed.

"Sorry man," Eric said. James's roommate looked annoyed. "But the building lost power last night, our alarms got screwed over."

The little red numbers on the alarm clock by his bed flashed a steady 12:00 at James.

-------------------------
A violent crashing sound ripped Christopher Gordon from his bed. He nearly dove for cover behind his desk before realizing the noise had been caused by someone falling into his room after slamming into the door. A football spun in wobbling arcs across the scant open floor space, and laughter rang loudly out in the hall.

"Ow..." Matt groaned from the floor. "Could have sworn that hallway was longer."
-------------------------
Wheeling his cart out of the janitorial closet, Lincoln Osiris was surprised to already find wet footprints leading from the main entrance of the Life Sciences Center. For such a dreadful day, it was unusual for anyone to be so early. Setting down a bright yellow 'Warning: Slick Surface' standing sign, he started off down the hall after the prints, the cart wheels creaking along.

Turning a corner, Lincoln came to an abrupt halt. He had found the owner of the prints. Professor Heartman lay sprawled across the floor, a spreading pool of blood surrounding him. His arms and throat had been savaged horribly, and what was left of his face was twisted into an expression of purest anguish.
Lighthawk
Lighthawk
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:37 am

"Fuckin hell!" Osiris blurted.

He wasn't exactly a stranger to death but one didn't expect to find a mangled corpse in the hallway. And there was obviously no point in checking to see if the Prof was alive, as most of his face was missing.

Rummaging through the tool box at the bottom of the cart, he came up with a seldom used walkie-talkie and switcxhed the dial over to the frequency of campus security.

"Security, this is Osiris in maintenance. I..uh found a corpse in the Life Sciences Center. Come back?"

While waited for a response he dove back into the tool kit for a long handled flat screwdriver and a battered old flashlight.
Aaron
Aaron
Player
Player

http://disabledshooting.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighthawk Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:42 pm

The radio crackled and static popped, but no return answer came. Somewhere out in the building, a door swung shut with a heavy thump. And then Heartman gave out a gurgling moan and twitched.
Lighthawk
Lighthawk
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyumi Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:34 am

The rain poured down in a nearly solid sheet, a literal torrent of water that blocked the view of anything beyond a foot or two outside of the Hawthorn Residence Hall. Even this early in the morning, the squat buildings of the student recreation complex would’ve been visible in the sun’s first rays. As it was now, George could only see vague darkness beyond the downpour in front of his window.

He sipped his Diet Dr. Pepper, and flopped back into his chair in front of his laptop. He only had a few more edits to make on his term paper; it was satisfactory, but George always tried to exceed, not simply eke by.

His fingers hovered over the keyboard, searching for inspiration. He needed to rephrase a key sentence, but risked having to re-write an important paragraph, unless he could somehow – his train of thought was derailed as the door to his room burst open. His roommate, Todd, was carrying a seemingly unconscious young coed, soaking wet, and bleeding profusely from a wound on her upper arm.

“A little help here, man!?” Todd screeched, kicking the door shut behind him and sweeping the coffee table clear with his free arm.

“What in the hell? What happened?” George shouted, leaping from his chair to help Todd set the girl down. He then ran to the bathroom to grab sterile gauze and alcohol. He always kept a substantial stash of medical supplies on hand; a holdover from his days in the Israeli Defense Forces, one of many.

“I don’t know, man! I was on my way out to get to class, and she fell in the door as soon as I opened it! Some guy was chasing her, man; she said he fucking bit her… I tried the campus police, but I couldn’t get through. She just passed out, man! I didn’t know where else to bring her.” Todd was as white as a sheet. So was the girl, though George suspected her pallor was related to blood-loss. A fresh spurt sprayed onto George’s shirt at the thought, and he quickly doused the wound with alcohol before tying the gauze tightly around it.

“Let me try. Keep an eye on her.” George said, grabbing his utilitarian cell phone from its spot next to his laptop. A busy signal. A call to 911 got the same result. George looked out the window again. The rain showed no sign of letting up, but he had no intention of letting this girl bleed to death on his dormroom floor. He scooped her up, and headed for the door.

“What are you doin’ man?” Todd grabbed his shoulder, looking a bit panicked, “The guy that attacked her followed us into the building; I saw him stumble in right before the elevator closed. He might still be down there!”

George laughed, a short bark, “I hope he is; I’ll teach the drunk fucker a lesson about attacking women. I can get her to the medical center in a couple of minutes, if you’ll help me.”

Todd pulled the door open, sticking his head out to check the hallway before turning back to George, “Something about that guy gave me the creeps, bro. He just seemed… off. Don’t ask me what it was exactly. I hope he stumbled back to whatever hole he crawled out of…”

“Well, if we run into him, I’ll handle it. Just get moving.” George headed out into the hallway, toward the elevator. Todd ran back into the room, grabbing a maglite off of the bookshelf.

“Power’s been cutting in and out all night, and it’s dark as hell outside.” Matt explained, jogging to catch up.

“Never hurts to be prepared.” George mused as he thumbed the elevator button.

Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsukiyumi
Tsukiyumi
Admin
Admin

https://isgf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickswitz Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:55 pm

"Crap!" James got out of bed and pulled on some slacks and a teeshirt getting ready for his class. "I can't miss this class again." He grabbed his bag and ran out the door. A student was sitting on the ground in his way, "What the hell?! Move out of my way" James stumbled over the kid as he let out a groan. "Probably has a hangover from partying too late, dumbass" James thought to himself as he moved past him and to the door of the dormitory.

He walked into the lecture hall and realized it was empty besides 2 students sitting in the front row still waiting for the professor to get in. "Where's the prof?"
"Who knows, we've been here for almost 45 minutes now, hasn't shown up yet"
"Well, he's later than we are, so I'm out of here"
"Just know theres some crap that I don't think anyone knows what the hell it is, there have been reports of deaths all over the campus. I would suggest that you don't go out there alone, or without anything to protect yourself, I mean if people are dying, someone might have snapped, you know, started going off shooting anyone who pissed him off..." the girl trailed off into ideas of mass murder and mayhem.
"I personally doubt that any of them are true, their probably just seeing things, I mean last night was a pretty big party. I'll see you guys tomorrow."
"Yeah, well, there's no way in hell that I'm gonna go out there without a gun."
"I don't know if a gun is the smartest idea but I'll be going, you guys do what you want, I'm going back to the dorm."
James headed out the door and saw two guys stumbling down the hallway.
"Hey guys, maybe you should have stayed in bed today." They ignored him as he walked past them. "Whatever, what's with these guys getting plastered and trying to chill outside of their rooms."

After James got to his room Eric was gone. James fell into his bed, and grabbed his phone off his nightstand that he hadn't picked up yet. "Damn, 10 voicemails." He listened to all of them, every one of them freaking James out more and more. "This can't be happening" Every voicemail was from one of his friends. They all sounded frantic. He grabbed a mag light and went out to walk the grounds and find as many people as he knew and make sure they were all safe.

nickswitz
Newb
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighthawk Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:33 pm

The elevator rattled and banged around behind the double doors as it slid to a shuddering halt on the floor. The doors made their customary clank as they opened, and three guys nearly ran over George in their haste to exit the lift.

"Damn!" one of them was muttering under his breath, a lanky fellow with untidy brown hair. "Damn damn damn damn!" He was holding one hand in the other, which was bleeding steadily.

"Aw, hell no," One of the others, a somewhat athletic guy with a buzz cut. He stared at the girl in George's arms. "Tell me they ain't up here too."

--------------------

James hadn't quite made it to the front door when it burst open, and several rather hysterical looking students all but fell in out of the rain. With sudden, frantic movements they slammed the door shut again, half of them putting their shoulders against it as if bracing to hold it shut against something. A willowy figured woman all but dove behind the building's administration desk, and began clawing through the drawers.

Lighthawk
Lighthawk
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyumi Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:58 pm

"Tell me they ain't up here too."

George paused, moving back a step at the appearance of the two men from the elevator.

They?” he asked, noticing that the fellow with the unkempt hair appeared to have been bitten like the girl in his arms, “She was attacked by some hopped-up lunatic. At least, that was the impression we were under. What happened to the two of you?”

He knelt, sitting the girl up against the hallway wall, and waited for their reply.
Tsukiyumi
Tsukiyumi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighthawk Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:31 pm

"Bunch of dudes totally messed up on something down there," buzz cut answered. "One of them grabbed Jim," he hooked a thumb at the bleeding man. "And just...took a chunk out of him. I belted him one for it." The guy held up one beefy arm, his knuckles bruised. "But it barely rattled him. Growled like a fucking dog and came at me. Bunch of the others made the same noise and turned our way too." He shivered. "Freaky shit man."
Lighthawk
Lighthawk
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiyumi Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:52 pm

“So, it is a group of people then. We have been unable to reach any emergency services, and this girl requires medical attention. As does your friend, I’d say. Human bites can be more dangerous than animal bites due to risk of infection.” The two newcomers stared at him blankly.

He continued, “Besides the blood loss, they could both die from untreated infection.”

“Fuck that, man!” Jim wailed, clutching his wounded arm even more tightly. The athletic guy shook his head. His expression was a mixture of fear, anger and confusion.

“Hey, wait here.” Todd stated before jogging back to their room. He returned a moment later with his aluminum baseball bat, tossing the maglite to the athletic fellow, “If they come at us, I’ll crack some skulls. That might change their demeanor.”

“We’re only three stories up,” George declared, hefting the unconscious coed again, “If we take the southernmost stairwell, we’ll be right near the exit. From there, we move full on to the hospital. Perhaps someone there knows more about what is happening. Are you with us?”
Tsukiyumi
Tsukiyumi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighthawk Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Buzz caught the maglite, if only just. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Shit man...come on Jimmy," he put a hand on his friend's shoulder and steered him down the hall. Reaching the door to the stairwell, he pushed it open and shone the light through the doorway. It was dark, lit only by a single pair of underpowered bulbs and the occasional flash of lightning through the tall, narrow window by the landing. It was quiet though.
Lighthawk
Lighthawk
User
User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down